Providing information, advice and support to help you realise your learning and future goals.
You may be new to distance learning or you may have studied with the College before, either way studying by distance learning requires energy and a strong personal commitment to self development.
Student Services offers student-centred information, advice and support to help you realise your learning and work goals. All advice is confidential to your needs, and you can contact us through e-mail, the VLE or on the phone.
Student Services is here to provide you with the following support throughout your time with us, and offers the following:
- A dedicated Course Administrator
- Information, advice and guidance that will help you make informed decisions about your studies
- Support through any difficulties you may encounter while studying
- Disability and specific learning difficulties support and advice service
- Help with your coursework submission process
- Advice on timescales for marking and return of your assignments
- Information about your examinations including venue arrangements
- Information about your final result and the award that you will receive (including module transcripts and credit points)
- Advice on how to progress to the next stage of your studies
- Careers information, advice and guidance, job vacancies and career profiles
In addition, our Finance Department provides information and advice on fees, payment options, bursaries and student finance.
If you have any queries about any aspect of your course please do not hesitate to contact us:
Course Administrators: information available on the VLE
Special Needs Co-ordinator: email@example.com
The CEM Student ServicesTeam has been accredited with the matrix Standard, the unique quality framework for the effective delivery of information, advice and/or guidance on learning and work.